The Katowice Special Economic Zone Co. (KSEZ Co.) was established by the Ordinance of the Council of Ministers of the 18th of June 1996 in order to support and accelerate the restructuring processes and create employment within the Katowice region.
Our main tasks:
• promotion of the region and searching for new investors;
• sales of properties included in the Zone;
• granting the permits to run business activity within the Zone that give the right to income tax relief;
• help investors run their business activity – legal and tax advisory service.
• active mediation in property market dealings in the Zone surroundings;
• consulting services and training related to special economic zone operation;
• maintaining the database of potential contractors, as a support for the investments to be carried out within KSEZ;
• “one-stop-shop” (comprehensive investor support);
• office and storage space rental;
• support in the scope of regional cooperation;
• human resource consulting and human resource training provided by the Personnel Development Centre in the Tychy sub-zone;
• services in scope of occupational medicin
We have been the leading Polish special economic zone for many years due to the active development of investments. The strong point of our work is a network of closely connected operations, which in total always produce excellent results.Our strategy aimed at long-term and multidimensional cooperation with investors brings great effects. So far, we have acquired over 300 business entities that decided to establish their production plants, BPO/IT and R&D units. In total the companies have invested almost EUR 7,4 billion and have created over 70 000 new jobs.
investments by branches
investments by nationalities
The Zone comprises of four subzones:
• the Gliwice Subzone,
• the Jastrzębie-Zdrój and Żory Subzone,
• the Sosnowiec and Dąbrowa Górnicza Subzone,
• the Tychy Subzone.
Currently, the total area of the Zone is over 2614 ha located in 40 municipalities. Such an arrangement enables investors to find the most suitable location. Most of the sites are situated in the vicinity of international routes: east-west (Lviv-Wroclaw-Berlin) and north-south (Gdansk-Cieszyn-Ostrava-Vienna), and junction of A1 and A4 motorways.
Major investors in the Katowice Special Economic Zone:
• General Motors Manufacturing Poland
• Fiat Powertrain Technologis Poland
• NGK Ceramics Polska
• Brembo Poland
• Isuzu Motors Polska
• Guardian Częstochowa
• TRW Poland