Katowice Special Economic Zone is the right choice for those companies, which are willing to use the public aid in the form of the tax relief, calculated on the basis of the investment cost or new job creation.
The tax relief granted within the Katowice SEZ is compliant with the regulations being in force in the similar institutions operating in the European Union countries.
The income tax relief for companies investing within the Katowice SEZ can be based on:
or creation of new jobs:
What may be included in qualified investment costs?
The costs qualifying for the aid shall mean costs of an investment decreased by tax on goods and services and excise tax charged, if the possibility of their deduction results from separate regulations, incurred within a special economic zone during the duration of the permit, constituting:
1) purchase price of the ownership title or perpetual usufruct right to the site;
2) purchase price or costs of manufacturing, within one’s capacity, of fixed assets, provided that they are classified, under separate regulations, as elements of taxpayer’s property;
3) costs of extension or modernisation of the existing fixed assets;
4) purchase price of intangible assets connected with the transfer of technology through the acquisition of patent rights, licences, know-how or unpatented technical knowledge, subject to sub-clause 2 and 3;
5) costs connected with lease of sites, buildings and structures, provided that the lease period shall be at least 5 years, and in the case of small and medium-sized enterprises – at least 3 years counting from the expected date of new investment termination;
6) purchase price of the assets other than sites, buildings and structures covered by the lease, if the lease has the form of financial leasing and covers the obligation to purchase assets upon the expiry of lease period.
Rules of operating within the zone:
Entrepreneurs operates within KSEZ on the basis of valid permit received to run business activity within the zone consisting of 2 conditions:
The date for above conditions’ fulfilment is provided by investor (in accordance with KSEZ).
Newly employed employees shall mean the number of employees employed after obtaining a permit in connection with the performance of a new investment, however not later than within the period of 3 years following the completion of an investment.
The following conditions shall be met in order to obtain the right to income tax exemption:
Investor is obliged to maintain declared employment level:
Investor is also obliged to submit to KSEZ Co., simple in form and content, monthly statements including information on current level of employment as well as amount of investment costs.
KSEZ Co. conducts periodic, annual inspections in investors’ companies to verify actual levels of investment costs and employment.