Apply for support
If you want to apply for a Decision to provide support, please contact us directly in our office. This will allow the KSEZ experts to provide the necessary information, assess whether the investment project qualifies for “zone” aid and present the procedure to apply for a decision.
In the first step, the entrepreneur submits Letter of Intent which contains basic information about the planned project. Once a letter of intent has been submitted, the project will be entered in the database of the support record kept by the minister competent for economy. The entry means the official start of the procedure for issuing a Decision to provide support and if the Council of Ministers suspends the issuing of new Decisions, this will not apply to any projects entered in the record.
Once a letter of intent has been approved by the KSEZ, the next step will involve filing an application for a Decision to provide support in accordance with the template, which is attached as Appendix No 2 to the Regulation on state aid granted to some entrepreneurs for the implementation of new investment projects (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1713).
- application for support to be downloaded in English
- Application for support to be downloaded in Polish
- Appendix No 1 regarding statements
The list of documents in the procedure for a decision to provide support for a new investment project
- An application for a decision to provide support (Appendix No 2 to the Regulation on state aid granted to some entrepreneurs for the implementation of new investment projects – Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1713).
- Current printout from the National Court Register or current printout from the Central Register and Information on Economic Activity.
- The current list of shareholders of the applicant’s Company.
- Current certificate from the National Criminal Record on a clean criminal record regarding crimes committed against the environment – Article 14(2) of the Act on supporting new investment projects:
- in the case of an entrepreneur who is a natural person – a certificate concerning that person;
- in the case of an entrepreneur who is a legal person or an organisational unit without legal personality – certificates concerning shareholders and members of the management board.
- A form containing information presented when applying for aid other than aid in agriculture or fisheries, de minimis aid or de minimis aid in agriculture or fisheries
- Financial statements of the Company for the last 3 financial years of the applicant (balance sheet, profit and loss account) or tax returns of a natural person conducting business activity for the last year.
- The entrepreneur’s statement to the effect that the entrepreneur agrees to receive letters in the proceedings by means of electronic communication, in accordance with Article 39(1) § 1(3) of the Code of Administrative Procedure.
- The entrepreneur’s statement to the effect that the entrepreneur agrees to conclude a service agreement with the KSEZ within 14 days of delivery of the decision to provide support.
- The entrepreneur’s statement to the effect that as of the date of submitting the application for a decision to provide support the entrepreneur is not obliged to refund the public aid obtained under the revoked decision to provide support.
- The entrepreneur’s statement to the effect that no bankruptcy proceedings have been initiated against the entrepreneur and no bankruptcy petition has been filed with the court.
- The entrepreneur’s statement to the effect that the declared eligible costs of the investment project do not include the costs of constructing a comprehensive energy installation related to production and distribution of energy and the energy infrastructure.
- The entrepreneur’s statement to the effect that the entrepreneur agrees to provide information in order to collect it in the Register of New Investment Project Support in connection with Article 32(2) of the Act on supporting new investment projects and as referred to in Article 31(1) of this Act.
- The entrepreneur’s statement on the lack of arrears in payments to the Tax Office and the Social Insurance Institution.
- Business plan for the planned project.
- Extracts and graphic representations of the land registry for plots where the new investment project is planned.
- In the case of regional aid granted to a large entrepreneur to diversify the production of an existing enterprise, it is required to attach a statement and documents confirming that the additional criterion is met, i.e. confirming that the costs eligible for aid should exceed at least 200% of the book value of re-used assets, recorded in the financial year preceding the start of diversification.
- In the case of regional aid granted to a large entrepreneur to substantially change the overall production process of an existing enterprise, it is required to attach a statement and documents confirming that the additional criterion has been met, i.e. confirming that the costs eligible for aid should exceed the depreciation costs of assets related to the activity subject to change in the last three financial years prior to the date of filing of the application for aid.
- If a statement is made regarding the aid received in accordance with section 5 of the application for a decision to provide support – a statement of the value of aid received (both by the bidder and another member of the same capital group), which has been received for other business projects in the last 3 years in the same NTS area in which the new business project will be implemented.
- A declaration of accession to the Silesia Automotive and Advanced Manufacturing cluster.
When the application has been filed, it will be processed by KSSE S.A. under an administrative procedure. In reasonable cases, the applicant may be requested to supplement the application.
If the application meets all legal requirements, a Decision to provide support will be issued. Otherwise, a Decision to provide support will be refused. Issuing a Decision to provide support or refusing to provide the same will end of the procedure.